Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Tofu-based Peanut Butter Pudding

 I maintain that there is no better flavor combination than peanut butter and chocolate. And so, when I was browsing the web, as usual, and ran into ideas for pudding made from tofu, I was rather intrigued. I mean, what can be better than pudding? Using a few food blogs for inspiration, I tossed everything into a blender and hoped for the best. Thank you to TofuBud (link) and Weelicious (link) for the inspiration (disclaimer- I have no affiliation with them, just got the idea from them).

Inspired by those fine bloggers, I kind of improvised using what I found in the fridge and pantry. Experimentation is what makes life exciting- who needs silken tofu if you have extra firm. Even though basically everyone recommends silken for desserts. And it would probably work better. Eh, this worked well. Maybe I'll try silken at some point. Who knows?


Ingredients:

  • 8 oz tofu
    • I used extra firm since that's all I had
  • 0.5 cup smooth peanut butter
  • 0.25 cup maple syrup 
    • Please use the real stuff, artificial syrups just aren't as good
  • 0.25 cup kefir
Recipe:
  1. Toss everything in the blender
  2. Blend well
  3. Spoon into any sort of vessel and refrigerate for a few hours until it firms up a bit
  4. Eat and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed in the Past Year