Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Some Day

Do I speak to the stranger

Driving the car?

Next to me on the airplane?

Sitting here at the bar?

 

Do I speak to a person

That I do not know?

To start up a friendship

And then watch it grow?

 

I sit there and think.

The chance is now gone.

I'm stuck in the circle

That for myself I had drawn.

 

Amongst themselves

Flash their smiles and chat.

And I have the feeling

That to them I'm a rat.

 

A vermin. A pest.

Something best ignored.

At least in my mind

I am a Lord.

 

I rule a kingdom

Where I’m above all.

My mind is a fortress

With a huge wall.

 

My castle - my prison.

My strength fails me.

I want to know people

I want to break free.

 

I try and I fail

Time after time.

The walls are too mighty,

Too hard of a climb.

 

And so I am trapped

All alone in my mind

But I want to know people

I do want to find

 

Someone who'll see me

And who'll understand

And give me a ticket

To the shared land.

 

I will understand

How to be free

From this prison

I created for me.

 

December 16, 2018

 

    Not enough sleep and a late night flight. And lingering stress from exam season. Self explanatory results. For some reason exhaustion and stress have a much stronger effect when you're sitting in essentially a pressurized aluminum can flying hundreds of miles an hour at over 30,000 ft with your well being entirely in the hands of others and... Oh... Now that I wrote that...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed in the Past Year