Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Worlds of Fantasy

As I read Riordan

I thought I might be

A son of Poseidon

For I loved the sea.



I tried talking to horses

Using water to heal

And confirmed to myself

That Greek myths weren't real.



Reading Tolkien made me

Want to craft the one ring

And seize the power

That it would bring.



But rings granting power

Aren't found in this world

Except when they're mentioned

In the legends of old.



My attempts with the Force

Proved fruitless as well

But there is still use

In these stories we tell.



From Potter to Eragon

Dragons and elves

Have worlds of their own

But reveal our inner selves.



These fantasy worlds

Should be known to each lad

To teach him to tell

Who's good and who's bad.



Aug. 16, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed in the Past Year