Sunday, January 28, 2024

A Dish Best Served Cold

They say that revenge is a dish best served cold. Well, in that case my bedroom is probably very cold. That's because I'm one of those illogical, but not unique, people who actively engage in revenge bedtime procrastination. In fact, that's what I'm doing right now. I should be going to bed, but, well, instead I'm writing this. Oh well.

In case you don't know, revenge bedtime procrastination is defined as "the decision to sacrifice sleep for leisure time" [1]. It's when people know that they should be going to bed, because sleep is a healthy and necessary activity, but actively choose to not sleep, engaging in something fun.

It's an endless cycle of me not going to bed when I know that I should and being tired the next morning. But you know I'll still do it. Because I'm me. The Medved.



[1] https://www.sleepfoundation.org/sleep-hygiene/revenge-bedtime-procrastination

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed in the Past Year