Sunday, February 18, 2024

My People

 I've found my people, this I know.

This process has been long and slow:

I thought I'd found them once, twice, thrice

But every time I learned - no dice.


Not finding people doesn't mean

That no true friends came from that scheme.

Those friends were there, and still are dear

And I will always keep them near.


But solo friends don't make a pack.

In groups the benefits all stack.

A friend will keep you safe at night,

But having people keeps it light.


Finding my people was to me

A chance to feel socially free.

A group where I don't feel sidelined

And other folks keep me in mind.


In groups of people I must try

To join in, to be nearby.

The difference is no subtlety

My people aren't hard for me.

Feb. 15, 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed in the Past Year