Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Israel - Day 1

Traveling in a group has certain downsides. After waking up at 4:30 to meet the group by 5:40 at LaGuardia, we found out that there is a downside to being early- there was another hour before Air Canada would start to accept bags. So, we waited. And then we waited more- this time in the security line. When you aren't the one purchasing tickets, things like PreCheck don't happen unfortunately.

The first leg of the trip was a short hop Toronto Pearson. There we had the wonderful opportunity to wait for a few more hours. Another major downside to groups- people are surprisingly slow walkers. If you don't pay attention... Well, better pay attention.

Service was phenomenal on the second leg, the flight to TelAviv. Although I'm used to seeing business and first-class receiving amenity kits, us economy class folks were offered packs with a mask, sanitizer, and wipes. Classy touch, even if most people aren't too concerned by viruses anymore. As I wrote this, masks were still required by the Canadian government, which further helps me feel comfortable.

To live up to my reputation, I must discuss the dinner. I ordered the vegetarian option ahead of time, and received a lentil biryani, edamame salad, dinner roll, and apple cake. The biryani was well seasoned and had some vegetables, which is nice.

I'm writing this after spending quite a while trying to sleep-but I'm really not used to going to bed at 20:30, even if it is 3:30 at the destination. Since we've crossed a few time zones, I figure that the local time is about midnight, meaning that the first day is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed in the Past Year