Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Growing Up

My life's been leading to this

Every hope, every fear

Time to face reality

Into the future I steer.


For my careless lifestyle

Cannot eons last.

So I've now gotten ready

To leave this in the past.


This year has been hedonism,

Self indulgence, no shame,

To get it out of my system,

Time to start using my brain.


This is the inflection,

The change in life's slope.

Easy mode's over.

Am I ready? I hope. 

11/20/2022


    The year is still far from over as I write this. But already I can say that this has been my year of hedonistic self indulgence. 2023 has a lot of promise, a lot of dreams, and a lot of growing up. To make the most of it, I need to start facing reality and actually take a bit of responsibility for myself and my actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Viewed in the Past Year